Topic: Esparza vs. Jędrzejczyk

Esparza vs. Jędrzejczyk

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,794  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,656
  • Post Score: 60

01.14.2015 | 4:09 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Esparza vs. Jędrzejczyk. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

03.17.2015 | 4:11 PM ET

@SirYoss

Prediction: wrong Esparza   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Good points and good post, sir.

All very true and I've doomed myself in all those ways many times over the years..  As you know, I've only been fighting/playing here since the second half of autom.  Before that I've been playing other fantasy leagues on other sites.  Both, for money and fun.  This is not my first rodeo.  You are correct on every account. 

I wish I could say I've been bigger than those fantasy picking pressures involving odds and favorite s and such.  I'd be lying to you to see I havent.  It's become so rampant on other leagues, I've lost much interest.

So, now that you know I'm in complete agreement.  I have truly experienced all these reasons for picking the wrong  guy.  But guess what, still picked the wrong guy.  

To drag on a what could've been a short story, my point is: everyone goes back and forth on a few fights a card.  To state how you switched or had a gut feeling is just ridiculous  whining.   We all share those pressures.  You picked the right guy.  Just say good pick to the guys who got it.

That being said, *****ing about refs and judges is perfectly acceptable.  

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.17.2015 | 4:44 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jędrzejczyk   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

lol! I agree ...

By the way, I'm working on forcing myself to become completely impartial to all of them (especially the "but tap %" and "got too many dogs already" ones).

Most likely will still pick my 2 or 3 fighters of whom I'm a complete nuthugger to death, but as for the rest, I'm working on picking every fight, regardless of the rest of the card, to my best ability, I've reached a point where I do actually trust my gut and understanding of how two guys would potentially matchup. And even if I'm not really there yet, as I said, it's much easier for me to live with a pick missed on account of me being too dumb to predict it than one I missed because I was swayed out of by stupid ****.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,315
  • Post Score: 283

03.17.2015 | 6:03 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Esparza   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Yea.  I've gotten much better at it and ignoring the odds and my favs.  Looking back at the years I was really good at this, I can't believe the hours I've spent researching fights and watching film.  It's hilarious...  though I have paid the rent on this **** several times in my prime..   

Now ive degressed, got bored and spent more time making dumb comments than looking inyo fights.  I also went back to picking favorits so i can root for rhem again.  I missed mma with nothing riding on it.  When i lose in fantasy I lose in life..I get mad and beat the neighborhood  kids..

fantasy fighting>real life

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

03.18.2015 | 6:42 AM ET

"3. He's Michael Johnson's opponent - you know he's going to lose but you pick him"

God that one always gets me. How does he ever win a fight? Don't know but it keeps happening. Fanboyism is a big one. But I think in all of those cases I convince myself the fighter I am picking will win so should not return and claim "I knew so and so would win". Take your loses like a man lol.

* Edited at 03.18.2015, 6:42 AM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez confident Dustin Poirier's guillotine won't work on Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 start time, fight card, TV schedule for Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier, Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa
  • MMA Mania : Zhang Vs. Wilder Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 predictions: Five blowout picks in Newark, but are upsets looming?
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 predictions
  • MMA Mania : Lightweight’s Greatest Brawler Takes A Final Swipe At UFC Gold
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 play-by-play and live results (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Embedded: ‘I would never disrespect your family’
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Vs. Poirier Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 302 Results, Streaming PPV Updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks for boxing 5v5
  • Bad Left Hook : June P4P Top 10: Who’s the top dog between Inoue, Crawford, and Usyk?
  • Jits Magazine : Bo Nickal Eager For Craig Jones Invitational: ‘Get Me In There’
  • Jits Magazine : Full IBJJF World Championship 2024 Absolute Division Brackets Announced
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results, 2 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Lucas ‘Hulk’ Barbosa Enters Under 80kg Division At Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates