Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,618
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 853

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,653  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,819
  • Post Score: 90

01.23.2024 | 1:40 PM ET

Wow flyweight has increased a lot. 2 years ago you barely had enough people to make a top 15

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,618
  • Post Score: 262

01.23.2024 | 3:54 PM ET

Flyweight is one of my favourite diversion to watch, only reason that it not my favourites is because 135lb, 145lb and 155lb have more depth while still being great, much rather watch them then the fatties and WMMA

* Edited at 01.23.2024, 3:55 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,246  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,238
  • Post Score: 331

01.23.2024 | 4:17 PM ET

Bloodyelbow used to be on Tapology but Greg removed it because it was just trash journalism. 

Greg, any particular reason why you let them back on?

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,252  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 259

01.24.2024 | 12:05 AM ET

numbers might have changed a little bit, cuz pic is from november, two month ago

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,194  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,671
  • Post Score: 107

01.24.2024 | 4:23 AM ET

Luke Thomas had me thinking Bloody Elbow was the Robin Hood of MMA. 😂

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,148
  • Post Score: 137

01.24.2024 | 8:58 AM ET

Great quote from the Action Man

“I get s—t on by ‘D.C.’ (Daniel Cormier) and Dominick Cruz every time I fight,” Curtis said onThe MMA Hour. “No matter what’s happening. ‘D.C.’ was kinder than before, but Dominick Cruz is just like, ‘It looks like he’s sparring,’ and blah blah blah. Bro, [Barriault is] a solid man. He’s been knocked out once, I have been knocked out once. It’s not going to be easy to knock the other down, it’s just not. I hit him with some s—t that I’ve dropped people with, and he just kind of looked at it. I elbowed him a few times, I went to move in, he’s just staring at me like he’s back there. I hear Dominick Cruz say, ‘It’s just like a sparring match,’ and then, not to be a ****, but people are going to latch on to what the commentary says, and now I hear, ‘He didn’t even fight hard. It was a low-energy sparring match.’Stand in front of me and let me hit you the same way."
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,574
  • Post Score: 275

01.24.2024 | 9:36 AM ET

@Xconchris 
bloody elbow was never removed from tapology.  it was simply not in the scrolling banner at the top of the page. but it was among the larger list of news sites that were on the news tab if you clicked over to it.

then more recently we took a look at the mix of sites in the scrolling news tab and updated it. we took out a couple dying sites like mmaweekly.  and put in mmamania and bloodyelbow.   just based on traffic / audiences they deserve to be on the big boys list.

"I live, I die, I live again."

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,893  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,565
  • Post Score: 236

01.24.2024 | 12:19 PM ET

Imagine watching Curtis fight and thinking he's doing anything other than going for a finish. Ridiculous

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,777
  • Post Score: 128

01.24.2024 | 2:49 PM ET

Just discovered that the exchange I use increased their comission from 2% to 5% at the end of last year. They erased all mentions of the 2% and gave no notice of it. If you read their FAQ it now simply states they take a 5% comission.

I suppose it's better I noticed it around a month and a half in than a year after the fact. To be fair they used to offer 2% for "new players" with no information to be found anywhere what constitutes a new player. I guess I'm no longer a new player.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

gliese58i
gliese58i

01.24.2024 | 5:38 PM ET

About Curtis. I don't know why he's salty other than wathcing him lose he seems like he's a salty person in general. But the fact is his footwork is quite poor, especially ring cutting. It should not be possible to defeat a high level MMA fighter without resistance simply from moving in a circle and jabbing and lowkicking like Hermansson did to him.
Also he will exclusively counterstrike and refuses to lead even if nothing is happening for multiple rounds. He's got good hands but is very one-dimensional, it's pretty clear that he's not been trying to evolve his MMA game over time, at best improve on what is already there.

Dom is a student of the game in all aspects so of course he will be critical when he sees glaring deficiencies and a fighter that is not evolving over time.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,418  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,494
  • Post Score: 134

01.24.2024 | 5:44 PM ET

Yep Curtis style is obsolete and he is not improving, he also said in an interview he knows he is too small for 185 but not sure at his age he can safely make 170.
Plus those guys should be all the more speedy and fluid in movement, he is kinda stuck as a gatekeeper to me.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

gliese58i
gliese58i

01.25.2024 | 3:30 PM ET

I'm watching the world's most intense job interview.

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

01.25.2024 | 6:06 PM ET

I'm in no way defending Curtis' style but Cruz is a **** commentator

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

gliese58i
gliese58i

01.25.2024 | 6:10 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus

How do you figure? Too boring? Too salty? He certainly has flaws but they're not the same as those of other commentators. You won't catch him talking about going fishing or his favourite foods while there is a good match he's supposed to be commentating. He does his research.

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  860  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 68

01.25.2024 | 6:20 PM ET

@gliese58i 
someones gotta talk about fishing or it gets boring

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,418  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,494
  • Post Score: 134

01.25.2024 | 6:25 PM ET

Aside from being biased which I can ignore I'm ok with UFC commentary, aside from some wild Euro orgs they are much better than most.
You can always watch in Spanish for different guys and Spanish commentary of course or mute it.   

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

gliese58i
gliese58i

01.25.2024 | 6:48 PM ET

@dianabanana

That depends, get a duo like DC and Rogan and they go out of their way to talk about random **** regardless of how interesting or entertaining the fight in front of them are.

I don't mind it when nothing is happening in a fight but in my opinion it's all too common that the commentary veers off even when there's an interesting match to comment upon.
I suppose commentators getting distracted does help with livebetting though because they often miss things that happen in a match and will misrepresent the likely scoring to viewers as a result.

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  860  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 68

01.25.2024 | 6:49 PM ET

@gliese58i 
I agree there is a little too much I'm just being funny

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

01.25.2024 | 7:41 PM ET

I facepalm everytime cruz says something like "thats good reffing there letting him recover", without fault he always says it. He may not waffle as much as the rest of them but his bickering is also strange and i'd say he has a notable bias argubly more than the others.

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,902  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,389
  • Post Score: 286

01.25.2024 | 8:12 PM ET

I usually watch the fights on mute and do my own commentary over the top of it.

"That guy throws a punch, lands clean on the other fella's jaw! The other fella is unfazed and says "is that all ya got ya bastard!" and throws a left hook on the counter. The other guy must've never seen a left hook before because it hit him clean on the side of the eye! He's wobbling now but so would I if I had got walloped in the noggin like that! He's fallen to the floor now and the other fella is raining down some vicious ground and pound! In a polite society, this fight would be over but unfortunately for him, Herb Dean is in charge so this could go on for a while. I've counted 11 unanswered punches in a row now and now Herb Dean runs over and the fight is over! Oh, wait hang on, no it isn't. Herb was just deciding to touch one of the fighters without calling it like he often does, what a wind up merchant he is! The other fella throws another hammer fist and now Herb says "OK that was unnecessary, mate!" and now it really is over!" 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Page 853

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez confident Dustin Poirier's guillotine won't work on Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 predictions: Five blowout picks in Newark, but are upsets looming?
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC 302: Makhachev vs Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Lightweight’s Greatest Brawler Takes A Final Swipe At UFC Gold
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 play-by-play and live results (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Embedded: ‘I would never disrespect your family’
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Vs. Poirier Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 302 Results, Streaming PPV Updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks for boxing 5v5
  • Bad Left Hook : June P4P Top 10: Who’s the top dog between Inoue, Crawford, and Usyk?
  • Jits Magazine : Bo Nickal Eager For Craig Jones Invitational: ‘Get Me In There’
  • Jits Magazine : Full IBJJF World Championship 2024 Absolute Division Brackets Announced
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results, 2 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Lucas ‘Hulk’ Barbosa Enters Under 80kg Division At Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal