Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,588
  • Post Score: 261

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 868

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,892  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,554
  • Post Score: 238

05.02.2024 | 10:35 AM ET

Favorite Bob Sapp Cameo?

My personal favorite is his role in Blood & Bone where he beats the **** out of Zuko from Avatar. Devilman is a close second. 

This user is suspended from posting until 4 weeks, 1 day, and 17 minutes from now.
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,424  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,668
  • Post Score: 128

05.02.2024 | 10:57 AM ET

Every time Ilia Topuria says something it lowers my estimation of him. 

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,083  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,102
  • Post Score: 137

05.02.2024 | 11:23 AM ET

@gliese

I dont know that it lowers my estimation of him but I get what you're saying.

People forget that Topuria is an UNDEFEATED champion. This is something he's very aware of. He's like a unicorn in combat sports. There's no world where we can go back to where Topuria isn't coming off as a pre-madonna. This is the new normal. 

And because he's a unicorn, Topuria fights are gonna become the new Conor fights. They're going to be very rare and special events. I see him following a similar route. He's going to eventually start businesses and become a money man. 

Well be lucky to see him defend the featherweight belt twice. I think this weight cut is brutal for him and it's only gonna get harder as he gets older. If he ever fights Max, it will be at 155. I think Topuria goes for the 2nd belt and absolutely retires early in his prime.

My genuine prediction is Topuria hits 20-0 and retires. That's only 5 fights. I think he wants to become a 2 division champion, remain undefeated, and cash out. He has no desire to do this in his mid 30s and 40s. He has no reason to. 
gliese58i
gliese58i

05.02.2024 | 1:48 PM ET

See but you're talking about legacy, retiring, becoming a bussinessman. To my mind he just entered the sport. I still consider him a new guy. And he's putting all kind of stipulations on defending his belt and saying he thinks he will be a bigger star than Cristiano Ronaldo. The guys success went straight to his head. The comparison with Conor might be apt if we're talking delusions of grandeur.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Sabbath
Sabbath

05.02.2024 | 1:50 PM ET

I feel bad for Topuria rn. Imagine being the undefeated champ that dethroned Volkanovski, and now you’re the king sitting on a throne made of duct tape and cow****. Yair and Ortega are not potential challengers, that is unless he wants to pad his title defense streak because Topuria kills them both on paper. Arnold Allen’s basically out of the picture until he pulls something amazing out of his ass, Calvin is likely heading towards the downturn of his career as a result of his injuries, Emmett has already been beaten by Topuria, and Bryce Mitchell is…well, still waking up. 

All this leaves is Holloway, Movsar, Aljomain and maaaaaybe Diego Lopes if he gets one more big win. The general consensus (aka the normie ass consensus) is that Movsar is boring (he’s not) and Aljo is even more boring (this is true) so they don’t wanna see those fights. 

* Edited at 05.02.2024, 1:51 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 weeks, 1 day, and 17 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,323  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,426
  • Post Score: 89

05.02.2024 | 2:01 PM ET

Movsar vs ilia is one of my most anticipated fights on the horizon. I think those are the clear 1&2 of the division 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Sabbath
Sabbath

05.02.2024 | 3:17 PM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

I think it’s a pretty fun fight that writes itself. Top level striker vs top level grappler, both undefeated and game as ****. What’s there not to like?

“DUUUUH ALL MOVSAR DOES IS SNIFF CROTCH” Bro I see a man outwitting and dominating his opponents with strength and prowess. You see some gay ****. Quit calling people ******s from the closet 
foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,083  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,102

05.02.2024 | 3:24 PM ET

@gliese

The success went to his head because it was warranted. The crowds that came out to see him in public after he won in Spain and Georgia were ridiculous. You may think he's "still just a new guy" but that ship sailed when he beat Volkanovski. It's not just winning the title, but how he did it. He sent one of the best featherweights we've ever seen immediately back to the shadow realm. It was so definitive that most people are convinced there's 0 point to a rematch. He may not be a superstar in the Anglophone world, but hes absolutely reached international superstar status as an athlete. 

Like I said, I think hes got 2 title defenses at featherweight remaining at best. I think he either rematches Volk or fights Ortega next, and then fights the winner of Aljo/Movsar. 

Regardless, I think Topuria, to put it bluntly, is going to be a "difficult" champion. I think the tea leaves are already very easy to read. We'll probably only see him fight twice in a calendar year 1 more time before he retires. I dont see him being a very active champion but I hope I'm wrong. 
gliese58i
gliese58i

05.02.2024 | 4:23 PM ET

That's exactly what I dislike about his attitude though. He's acting like he's already done everything he set out to acheive. Maybe he did but then don't talk about becoming the greatest of all time while clearly adopting an attitude of as you say of being difficult. He's not even defended his belt. I'm not saying he's not a tremendous fighter but there is an asterisk to his Volkanovski win. He fought Volk when Volk rushed back from his KO loss to Islam and when Volk was closer to 40 years of age than 30.

I'm not saying that to diminish Volk since clearly he belongs on the pound for pound list but it does matter if we're going to evaluate greatness. Just looking at legacy, is Topuria even close to Max? Not in my opinion and yet he doesn't want to fight him. While claiming he will be the best of all time and more famous than Cristiano Ronaldo. Conor isn't more famous than Ronaldo, that's just a ludicrous claim to make.
I understand he's probably talking **** to bait headlines and discussions like this. It's just whenever he opens his mouth I like him less.
Maybe that's the point and I'm his mark. If so I hope he sticks to the heel role because few fighters are willing to stick to it.

* Edited at 05.02.2024, 4:26 PM ET *

QMor29
QMor29
  • Predictions:  1,041  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  41

05.02.2024 | 4:57 PM ET

So I was in the living room and I was watch Cro Cop vs Silva when they fought at pride absolute(incredible fight btw). I was talking to my mom and she said “I don’t get why you like this, it’s just two guys beating eachother up. It must be a guy thing”. Maybe it’s because I’m a MMA fan I do not agree! I tried to explain that well hey, these guys are super technical on the ground and striking. There’s always an air of mystery, in reality tv not so much. MMA (most of the time) is never pre determined. But she just didn’t care, may have to disown my mother.(she watches reality tv, **** you little people big world)

"“Don’t be scared homie” Nick Diaz"

Sabbath
Sabbath

05.02.2024 | 5:10 PM ET

QMor29

You gotta understand MMA is a pretty niche sport. Sure, it’s talked about a lot thanks to the UFC’s social media marketing campaign, but the amount of people who are actual fans of the sport (I.E watch more than just two PPVs a year and only because Mcgregor is on it) is pretty goddamn slim. With the exception of boxing, combat sports has always had difficulty finding a mainstay as a “legitimate” sport, or at least one that more than a select minority would pay to see. **** like the Olympics haven’t helped much, as competition like point karate is a ******* joke at this point, and other sports like judo & bjj are heavily hindered by rulesets that more-so hurt the enjoyment of the art than anything else. Usually, when there’s a big combat sport event, it’s usually because it’s a big publicity stunt ****show that people can vent their frustrations on. 

Think about this for a moment: I had people at my workplace, people who never watch combat sports, talking about Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson. Multiple times, even.

I heard zero conversation for UFC 300. Not a peep. 
grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  847  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 63

05.02.2024 | 6:33 PM ET

@gliese58i 
Was McGregor delusional? I mean he did what he said he'd do. Maybe Ilia will too.

"He's Terrence Thornton, I'm Terrence Crawford, yeah i'm whooping feet"

Deadpan
Deadpan
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 200

05.02.2024 | 7:54 PM ET

@Sabbath 
It may just be me and my social circle but it seems to have taken a slide. Anecdotal, doubt the numbers support it. I used to hear people talking about upcoming fights all the time. Not so much any more. There are too many amazing fighters. The novelty has worn off. 
gliese58i
gliese58i

05.03.2024 | 7:33 AM ET

@Deadpan

Happened to my circle as well in my 30s. If you're not a truly hardcore fan the constant churn of MMA can put you off after a while. That was the case for me and my friends, interest waned a bit at some point for many when barely anyone that we recognized was left in the org. It's not like in many traditional sports where you can root for a team your whole life even if the players are changing over the years.
I suppose you could pick a fight camp lol but they go through a lot of changes too comparatively to a traditional sports team.

grayerman
grayerman

05.03.2024 | 10:08 AM ET

@gliese58i 
pick a region!!

gliese58i
gliese58i

05.03.2024 | 11:16 AM ET

@grayerman

Well I can hardly pick Sweden or I'll almost never have someone to root for.
Anyway I bet every card so that's all the incentive I need to root for a fighter. Makes even the most boring fights fun if you have stake.

grayerman
grayerman

05.03.2024 | 12:22 PM ET

@gliese58i 
good point I love gambling

Sabbath
Sabbath

05.03.2024 | 1:11 PM ET

Deadpan

“Too many fighters” is exactly the issue. I actually ended up talking to my boxing coach about it, and he says the bloated roster is the reason he doesn’t care or watch the UFC. I keep hearing from these UFC glazers saying they’re “doing better than ever” and I’m like “You say that every year”. I’m not a fight expert, but I have ******* eyes, and I can see this sport is losing interest with the vast majority and has been for quite a while. I’ve complained about this before but the Contender Series really needs to **** off, it’s just a ploy from the UFC to drain out any and all regional talent possible so there is no competition from other fight organizations, which makes the sport even more dull. UFC is more focused on being the Netflix of MMA, rather than the pinnacle of it.
Sabbath
Sabbath

05.03.2024 | 1:12 PM ET

Remember when it was a meme to **** on Luke Rockhold for being a pretentious weirdo? 

Amazing how one performance and some bad life decisions completely shift the narrative around. 
Sabbath
Sabbath

05.04.2024 | 5:57 AM ET

Favorite Decision Fighter?

What’s a fighter that is genuinely fun to watch, but just can’t finish a guy for the ******* life of him? I’m not talking about fighters like Volk, where he’s actively trying to win on points in majority of his fights, I’m talking guys/gals who just can’t finish a mf even when they’re absolutely unloading a whole magazine into them, from the regional scene to the high level.

Biggest examples for me are Loma Lookboonme and Tarec Saffedine

Page 868

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Paris live and official results (noon ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Bellator Paris Results, Streaming Updates TODAY!
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : Four Medalists Invited To Return For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Jones Laughs Off Aspinall Vs. Blaydes: ‘Number One Contender Spot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris Results: Mix vs. Magomedov
  • MMA Mania : Predictions! Bellator Paris Full Main Card Preview, Picks
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Things get spicy between Jake Paul, Mike Tyson at Texas news conference
  • MMA Mania : All In! Fury Gambling Legacy And Reputation Against Usyk
  • MMAFighting.com : Aspen Ladd still confused about PFL-Bellator’s plans for women’s featherweight division
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones teases his return in November, fires back at Tom Aspinall and his UFC 304 co-main event
  • MMA Junkie : Edson Barboza on Lerone Murphy at UFC Fight Night 241: 'It's going to be a war like always'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson mocks ‘fat’ Jake Paul, claims he’s only knocked out ‘little children’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jake Paul signals gunshot after Mike Tyson turns back during faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Vs. McGregor? ‘People Have To Be Stupid To Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series predictions: Just one non-unanimous pick in Paris – but who?
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference live stream
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Jake Paul Vs Mike Tyson Press Conference Video!
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk Preview Show: Who becomes the first undisputed heavyweight champion in 25 Years?
  • Bad Left Hook : WBA adds, then removes rehydration clause from Tank vs Martin