Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Pyfer

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,392
  • Post Score: 46

11.15.2023 | 5:41 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Jack Hermansson   defeats   Joe Pyfer   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Dan Ige   defeats   Andre Fili   via KO/TKO, Check Right Hook to Ground Strike   2:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ihor Potieria   defeats   Robert Bryczek   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gregory Rodrigues   defeats   Brad Tavares   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:55 Round 3 of 3, 10:55 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Darrius Flowers   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rodolfo Vieira   defeats   Armen Petrosyan   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:48 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Carlos Prates   defeats   Trevin Giles   via KO/TKO, Straight Left   4:03 Round 2 of 3, 9:03 Total Bout Page
Bolaji Oki   defeats   Timmy Cuamba   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Loma Lookboonmee   defeats   Bruna Brasil   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marcin Prachnio   defeats   Devin Clark   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Max Griffin   defeats   Jeremiah Wells   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bogdan Guskov   defeats   Zac Pauga   via KO/TKO, Combination Punches   3:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Hyder Amil   defeats   Fernie Garcia   via KO/TKO, Strikes (standing TKO)   2:12 Round 2 of 3, 7:12 Total Bout Page
Daniel Marcos   vs.   Aoriqileng   Ends in a No Contest, Unintentional Groin Strike   3:28 Round 2 of 3, 8:28 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 16

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  439  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  903
  • Post Score: 158

02.08.2024 | 9:18 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1741st

A lot of debut/up and coming fighters vs vets here. Amil/Garcia, Prates/Giles, Bryczek/Poitiera, Pyfer/Hermansson. Gonna be a really fun card. Get to see what some of these new guys are made of

"My balls was hot"

pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  168  |  52.4%
  • Forum Posts:  392
  • Post Score: -5

02.08.2024 | 9:20 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 4314th

@DevinM34 
perhaps… who knows. Bogdon might sub him, after all he does have 1 sub on his record. Who knows. But I have more faith in him, in this fight. And Jordan right I don’t think very highly off at all.
DevinM34
DevinM34

02.08.2024 | 9:31 PM ET

@pashaboyer 
oddly enough he's kind of similar to Guskov though. Both had great records coming into the UFC (Wright at 10-0, Guskov at 14-2). Both are dangerous on the feet with the majority of their wins coming by KO. Both can't defend a takedown to save their life, and I rate Wright's ground game higher than Guskov's considering he has 5 SUBs. Both also tend to fade as the fight goes on. That's why I'm picking Pauga because in my mind similar opponent means similar gameplan and we've already seen it work for him once. I could look like a complete idiot though and Pauga gets knocked the **** out in 30 seconds flat 😂

"My balls was hot"

pashaboyer
pashaboyer

02.08.2024 | 9:49 PM ET

@DevinM34 
I can look like an idiot too. lol to be fair.
STOMPZ
STOMPZ
  • Predictions:  1,174  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  90
  • Post Score: 58

02.09.2024 | 12:39 AM ET

Paugas by dec

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1311th

Pauga is the best fighter of the two, Guskov has power but nothing more, he looks powerful with those in his league, nothing more than that, Pauga I think he looks better in this division, although sometimes it gets cloudy, he lost due to stupid mistakes Against Bukaukas, Pauga passes the first round and the victory is his.
STOMPZ
STOMPZ

02.09.2024 | 12:47 AM ET

Griffin by dec

wells and grifin two veterans, one with power and pure power takedowns, and the other with a decent defense and a better striker, I am choosing grifins, because I think that as the minutes go by, he will do more damage and volume
STOMPZ
STOMPZ

02.09.2024 | 12:51 AM ET

Loma by dec or by sub

Loma should take the fight from end to end, Bruna doesn't even fight well on her feet, she won't have the strength to avoid being knocked down, Loma seems to me to be the best girl who is not ranked in this division
pashaboyer
pashaboyer

02.09.2024 | 1:23 AM ET

@JReynolds47 
is Ihor your legitimate pick? Or are you just being biased because he’s your favorite fighter? Lol
STOMPZ
STOMPZ

02.09.2024 | 1:26 AM ET

Oki by tko

oki is going to destroy cuamba, cuamba in his fight in dwcs he was surpassed in everything, voguel hit more in the 3 round, the decision was rubbish, cuamba's speed is not going to help him, he just retreats and has against him, voguel beat him all the exchanges, and each kick from voguel made cuamba look fragile, as for oki he has better boxing than cuamba, he kicks harder than voguel and he is also fast and his punch is superior, cuamba no matter how much he trained with bubba jenkins I don't think have the strength to knock down oki, the entire fight will go backwards, and he will be hunted by oki
DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,627  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: 139

02.09.2024 | 2:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 85th

Hermansson vs. Pyfer
Joe Pyfer, TKO, R1
When someone is a pretty big underdog you will usually automatically pick the favorite but in this spot I had to really think about it and look into things. I'm not the biggest Hermansson fan and he's not elite but he's a generalist that has heart and has fought the best of the best already. I do lean with Pyfer here because his power is just different and Jack is gonna fold when he gets hit. I do think Hermansson will grapple but Pyfer trains with guys like Sean Brady and Jeremiah Wells on the daily so he won't be out of place there. The only concern here is if Pyfer doesn't get a quick finish and gassed out in the later rounds after taking the biggest step up of his career but I still have to pick him for an early finish. The UFC reallllly wants this guy to win. Hermansson is the easiest fight in the rankings right now.

Ige vs. Fili
Dan Ige, DEC
Ige via split decision most likely. This fight could go so many different ways but I have to lean Ige because he's more durable at this point and could wrestle if needed. Fili can wrestle too and his striking is always very good but I think Ige hurts him multiple times here. I don't want either guy to lose cause I'm a fan of both, especially Fili.

Potieria vs. Bryczek
Ihor Potieria, TKO, R1
I'm actually gonna take the dog here in Ihor. I liked how he looked in his last fight as a huge dog before getting finished. Bryczek is nothing special other than having great pressure and power and I don't see him winning this unless he breaks Ihor early which is very possible. I think Ihor cracks him hard and Robert folds in 1. Ihor is very talented but he just can't take the heat coming back most of the time. Robert has fought decent opponents already but I still think he's getting finished here.

Tavares vs. Rodrigues
Gregory Rodrigues, TKO, R2
Tavares is known to be durable but I think Rodrigues cracks his chin here and finishes him. Rodrigues has durability issues but Tavares isn't finishing anyone. If this fight gets extended it gets interesting though because Tavares has very good cardio.

Johnson vs. Flowers
Michael Johnson, DEC
Flowers is so damn bad and I think Johnson wins this fight anyway he wants. I just worry about the durability of Johnson at this point but Flowers doesn't have good enough wrestling to take him down consistently and he's early knockout or bust cause he will gas. Michael Johnson should roll here.

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Armen Petrosyan, TKO, R3
Petrosyan survives on the ground early and then Vieira gasses and gets knocked out. Rodolfo can't compete with him on the feet.

Giles vs. Prates
Carlos Prates, TKO, R2
I'm gonna take Prates to get an early R2 finish but I wouldn't be shocked if Giles teaches him a vet lesson. I think Giles is talented but his cardio and IQ is abysmal.

Cuamba vs. Oki
Bolaji Oki, TKO, R1
Cuamba is stepping in on short notice after a knockout victory on the regional scene. Oki is gonna destroy him early. Oki is very good and this is too quick of a turn around for Cuamba.

Lookboonmee vs. Brasil
Loma Lookboonmee, DEC
Loma will closes the distance and fight Brasil in the pocket and she will either take her down or just throw elbows and beat her up. I think the problem, if there is one, will be the height and reach of Brasil but I still think Loma works past that for a win especially in the small Apex cage.

Clark vs. Prachnio
Devin Clark, DEC
Clark should win this by wrestling all 3 rounds but we know something random is gonna happen at some point and Clark will get hurt and finished per usual. I just can't back Marcin at this point and I don't think I've ever backed him. Alves knocking him out was still the funniest KO I've seen.

Wells vs. Griffin
Max Griffin, DEC
I really wanted to pick Wells due to his power and wrestling but his cardio is gonna cost him here. Even if Wells gets Griffin down a few times it won't matter because Griffin won't gas out and he will just keep getting back up. Griffin should win R2 and 3 for a nice decision victory but this fight has so many variables.

Pauga vs. Guskov
Bogdan Guskov, TKO, R1
Both guys suck but I'll take Guskov here to get an early knockout. Getting absolutely wrecked by Mo Usman is an AWFUL look and I know that was at heavyweight but it doesn't matter. Guskov is a can crusher but Pauga is that can.

Amil vs. Garcia
Hyder Amil, DEC
Hyder is a future fade in the UFC but Fernie Garcia is legit so bad. Amil has horrible cardio and keeps his head straight down the center line but Garcia has no power. Amil by decision because he will mix in grappling.

Marcos vs. Aoriqileng
Daniel Marcos, DEC
I say Marcos wins a close decision here. He throws tons of strikes but doesn't really have huge power to knock Aori out. Aori may shoot for a takedown at some point but Marcos will stuff it and piece him up. I think Marcos is a pretty good prospect. You can argue he lost against Grant but he got the win and that's all that matters in the end.

MarioSuperSmash
MarioSuperSmash
  • Predictions:  2,240  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  330
  • Post Score: 38

02.09.2024 | 2:42 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 268th

can we make power slap predictions ?

"Eat Sleep Gamble on fights 👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿"

shaqalicious023
shaqalicious023
  • Predictions:  494  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 76

02.09.2024 | 4:42 AM ET

Analysis and predictions video for Balkan fans

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 161

02.09.2024 | 8:06 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1232nd

Potieria vs. Bryczek
Ihor Potieria, TKO, R1
Not cashing a Ihor TKO round ticket last time out could've had me in tears, i'm not getting burned twice :(

Tavares vs. Rodrigues
Gregory Rodrigues, SUB, R2
ROBOCOP

Johnson vs. Flowers
Darrius Flowers, TKO, R1
Flowers packs a punch and MJ is wearing it

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 161

02.09.2024 | 8:07 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 1232nd

Cuamba vs. Oki
Timothy Cuamba, TKO, R2
Ill take the underdog out of the newcomers

ghost261
ghost261
  • Predictions:  789  |  57.5%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 17

02.09.2024 | 8:15 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 4224th

Hermansson vs. Pyfer
Joe Pyfer, TKO, R1
Pyfer smash ez pz

Potieria vs. Bryczek
Robert Bryczek, TKO, R2
Ihor is boosted, but who the hell is Bryczek?

Tavares vs. Rodrigues
Gregory Rodrigues, TKO, R2
Rodrigues/Pyfer parlay is the way to go

Dstone
Dstone
  • Predictions:  470  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 71

02.09.2024 | 12:02 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2441st

Bogdan guskov looks like the shark in finding nemo if we take the fin off

"ZAZAAAAA"

Dstone
Dstone
  • Predictions:  470  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 71

02.09.2024 | 12:04 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2441st

Who in the hell went on and convinced to have guskov on the roster

"ZAZAAAAA"

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,999  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 269

02.09.2024 | 12:22 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 853rd

Can we also make predictions on the bums fighting outside my building?

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

DevinM34
DevinM34

02.09.2024 | 12:30 PM ET

Watching some film on Bryczek and he looks niiiiice. He's got really high level boxing and great head movement. He's fought some solid competition lately too and has just been dominating and getting 1st round finishes. I think he makes easy work of Potieria

"My balls was hot"

kampak
kampak
  • Predictions:  640  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 100

02.09.2024 | 1:04 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3803rd

Am I weird for hating the apex? Or is there anyone else sick of it? I know it cuts the costs for the ufc but there is too much of it IMO

Page 16

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Four Medalists Invited To Return For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Jones Laughs Off Aspinall Vs. Blaydes: ‘Number One Contender Spot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bellator Paris Results: Mix vs. Magomedov
  • MMA Mania : Predictions! Bellator Paris Full Main Card Preview, Picks
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Things get spicy between Jake Paul, Mike Tyson at Texas news conference
  • MMA Mania : All In! Fury Gambling Legacy And Reputation Against Usyk
  • MMAFighting.com : Aspen Ladd still confused about PFL-Bellator’s plans for women’s featherweight division
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones teases his return in November, fires back at Tom Aspinall and his UFC 304 co-main event
  • MMA Junkie : Edson Barboza on Lerone Murphy at UFC Fight Night 241: 'It's going to be a war like always'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson mocks ‘fat’ Jake Paul, claims he’s only knocked out ‘little children’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jake Paul signals gunshot after Mike Tyson turns back during faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Vs. McGregor? ‘People Have To Be Stupid To Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series predictions: Just one non-unanimous pick in Paris – but who?
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference live stream
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Jake Paul Vs Mike Tyson Press Conference Video!
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk Preview Show: Who becomes the first undisputed heavyweight champion in 25 Years?
  • Bad Left Hook : WBA adds, then removes rehydration clause from Tank vs Martin
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and more!
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson vs. Paul press conference (Arlington) video
  • MMA Mania : ‘Baddy’ Bet ... Pimblett Opens As Biggest UFC 304 Underdog